Saturday, August 2, 2008

day 34- Arzua-Arca de Pino- 20km left!!!!! Last day tomorrow

wow, we are almost there. We just finished having our probable last dinner with cesar and kate on this trail, was very good, and guess what we had. Yes, thats right, Pasta. Well about today.
today we woke up at around 7:15, dad didn´t hear the alarm. so we left at around quarter to 8. Today was only 18km, but it seemed longer. We hiked for a bit, with cesar kate dad and I, and then all of a sudden, he was there, GONE! Dad must have had smelt the coffee in the town 10km or something, because he was gone, like no where to be seen. he said he just all of a sudden felt really good, and just gave it. he was talking to a young boy from Ireland(sp?), Shammes, he is 15, I met him and his family a few days before. Anyways we got to the first town and had the breaky specials. Cafe con leche with orange juince, bocadillo, and a bucky de bei (sp?), haha. All four of us had it, it was only 3€. so cesar and kate paid right away, but dad didn´t pay right away, but that is normal in bars in spain. So we kept on walking and got to another town 5 km away and stopped there. When we went outside to have our lunch dad said "Oh crap, guess what, I forgot to pay for breakfast this morning!!!. Ah well, free breakfast, and I am not going to go walk back there!" So we got free breakfast, but we did not feel good about it, though, dad is a real dutch man. anyways, we got here after hiking, up and down and up and down again. We found the Albequerque right away, no mrs. Ewald we did not miss it, but thanks for the warning. It is an ok place. Got beds right beside Cesar and Kate again. We made plans for me to Go to Poland in 2012 to watch the European Cup, and then I am going to Fiona´s home town to visit her, and then after that I am taking Cesar and Kate home to Smithers with me, so yeah, thats the plan! anyways, righ now they are all sitting ourside and dad is having Rice Pudding, his favorite, and Cesar Kate and I are going to have icecream kake. Well that is all for today, I thank you all for reading everyday, and I am going to miss writing in here and informing you what is going on, and stuff like that, because we are almost done, but I will post tomorrow, so don´t forget to read it, because it will be the last one. Well that is all for now. Bye bye.
For one of the Camino ers, Jakob Kort
Bye bye, here we come Santiago!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jakob @ Klaas,
I can feel/sense the excitement of just one more day! I'm eagerly waiting for that last blog...the final 'hurrah! we did it! God helping us every single step of the way.
So, here are my early CONGRATULATIONS!!
I will miss having breakfast with you every morning.
Thanks for sharing every tidbit of your journey...loved reading it.
Well done! good and faithful pilgrims.
gloria :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys
Before I forget, what about Frederico and his dad. Are they still going and have you seen them lately.
Here's the song that kept going through my mind as I was walking

"We are pilgrims on a journey
We are brothers on the road
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load."

from The Servant Song- Mark 9:35

Awesome job guys, I'm proud to have walked with you. So glad you found that Albergue in Arca de Pino. Was it clearly marked and we just missed it or are we a pair of dummies? Don't answer that question! Enjoy Santiago.

Thea

Anonymous said...

hey u2, tried to read the blog this morn at 7:30 and nothing, so Alex and me made bacon and eggs, toast, and had breaky with 9 people, like on a Satur. morn, pretty dang early for me. Andwho, after dishes, and coffee, we all left for the game. Hey only 20 clicks to go. Oh sooooooooooooo sweet, oh what an adventure, and oh what a treat, and oh u2 looking forward to the last little bit, oh joy oh bliss, hey I'm proud of u2. Last supper with Ceasar and Kate? Hopefully not, mayhaps u2 will see them again, who knows maybe in Smithers. Games went good, Alex actually slammed into his own teamplayer, both went to the hostipal and got stitches upside their heads. Yes I actually watched 6 games today, then built some sloup for tomorrow. Well have an awesome last trekking, walking, hiking, pilgrammmiinnnggg day tomorrow. Hey another part of a psalm, ;;;;;; Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise, give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever. Ok, u2 enjoy the Sabbath and talk to u2 tomorrow. Love u2 round dqa whole soccer field.
trish