Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 28- Vega del Valcarce-O´Cebreiro- 155km(?)

Last night was pretty interesting, we met three bikers from belgum(sp?), Oh mom, greetings from the tall Belgin. Also there was a whole pack of girls there, around 20 or so, and they would not shut up, all on their cellphones, and sining and screaming, it was 9:30 when I went to bed, and they were steill yelling and such, and also that english dude was playing his guitar again. So the amazing ear plugs helped me out again and made me fall fast asleep on our comfy beds. Dad and I could actually sleep total in our sleeping bags today, the people in the room didn´t close the window which we had opened, yippy!!! So dad got up at 7 and I didn´t get up till 7:30, so a nice sleep in. Today we only hiked around 10km, because it was the steepest hike on the whole Camino. So we hiked, and got to a town hoping for a bar, but there was none open, so we kept on hiking. We got to another town where dad and I saw this Hostal thing that was for sale and him and I both decided that mom would like it, but it would be too quiet for her. It had the most beautiful view in the world, big mountains right in front of it, on of which we climbed, so pretty cool. Anyways, in that town we stopped for a coffee and a Cola Coa, and a crossant and a boccadios, and a tostata. Yes we splurged, but thats ok, we didn´t eat lunch. After that town we started climbing, and it was steep, but not as steep as I thought it was. Dad and I both thought it was easier than expected. I have to tell you that the views we saw were just awesome. I said to dad "the only word that you can say it ´wow´" It was just awesome. I got a picture of a gecko (sp?), and also a 180 degree video of the view, two of them actually. So we got to O´Cebreiro, and it is a tourist town, like majorly, but it is beautiful. The View we have from the Ablequerque, is awesome, we look down on the valley and we can see for hours and hours on end. After doing the laundry and taking a shower, dad and I walked up town, were we bought a second post card for my mother. Also one of our friends was eating this soup in a barish place, so we wanted to try some. This friend was a guy that we gave our extra cheese to, and a half a bottle of wine, so he bought both dad and I a beer. yes, me too. The soup was so good, it was Spinach, potatoes, meat, and other spiced and stuff. Very good. Dad and I decided to come here for Supper. only 10€ for a meal. We are going to have........Galician Soup, the soup I was just talking about.... second course, Eggs with garlic suasage and french fries or veal stew(dad might have the veal), dessert..........Fresh cheese of cebreireo with honey(dad) Cake of house(Jakob), and bread and wine or water is included. we will go for the wine. So thats our dinner, all for 20€ prett expensive. 6 days of hiking left, not bad. We have booked a hostal room in Santiago for 3 days. In those three days we are going to go to Finesterre, aka the end of the world, and also look at the Cathedral, and lots more. So yeah, looking forward to The netherlands also.. and of course, looking forward to coming home and seeing family and friends and especially Peyton, can´t wait to see her, have heard many good things about her soo far. Well, that is all for now, dad is probably sleeping in bed already, so I shall go do the same maybe, I will see. Agian thank you for the comments.
Every step we are a step closer.
-Jakob

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey u2. Ohhhhhhh the view!!!!! WOW, or Awesome, just think God made it all. The heavens declare the glory of the Lord, the skies proclaim the work of his hands. And at the end of Ps 19, May the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in ur sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Cool psalm. And the mountains, the steepness, the aching muscles, sweet. So an open window for the fresh air so u2 could sleep. And the food u2 eat, niet te geloven, I want some. At least u2 have different recipes, so when u2 get home u2 can do the cooking. It would be cool to try different foods, and yes I will be ur gineapig. Well it was 20 plus this aft, but now it is 6. Hopefully nothing will freeze. Hey say hi back to that Belgian dude, tell him to check out Smithers, and yep he has a place to stay over here. And yes the chickens still lays eggs on this side of the country. Saw all the grandkids yesterday, twas good. Sorry not Chandler, but the rest. We are doing fine as frog hair. Stephanie managed it some how to get back on line. Saw Alex at Safeway, he will look at the blog. Well happy walking tomorrow, stay on the right track, God bless.
trish

Anonymous said...

ps. song for tomorrow's hike: make up ur own to the tune of:::::
This old man, he played steps.........
improvise, {spelling?} have fun. love u2 around the garden shed
me