Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 31 and 32. Barbadelo-Portamarin-Palas de Rei- 76km left

So well,don´t really remember much from yesterday, But I will try my best. We woke up at seven at left around 7:30. We have spent the last few days with Cesar and Kate, just walking and cooking with them and stuff. So yesterday was onlu 18km, nice weather. When we got to Portamarin, we were worried about getting a bed, because in dad´s book it said there were only like 140 beds in the whole town, but the town had made a new Albequerque, with 110 beds in one room. But it was very nice, good computers, all kitchen stuff, and a TV!, but none of that fancy stuff really mattered. It was just a nice place. For supper we had Pissgehtti, wich dad and I made,"our secret recipe", oh, and don´t forget the two bottles of wine, one for cesar and dad and one for kate and I. Oh, cesar kate and I stayed up till quarter to 11, and we were able to see a star!!! The first star I have been able to see in 4 weeks, at night that is.
So this morning we were up at 7, and out the door by quarter to 8. Today was 26km, a little bit longer than yesterday. We took a short cut to get going, every other pilgrim took the long way around the city, we just back tracked and got on the same trail, Smart thinking dad. So since we are in Galicia, I thought that it would be good if we actually had some rain. And it looked like we were in for some rain today, but it didn´t start. We were stopped by this albequerque, run by a group of Christian ladies, from all over europe. They gave us a stamp, and free coffee and tea. Very nice of them. For lumch cesar bought bread right from the truck in the street. On it we had Jam, hmmmmmmm, very good. So after that, it started to pour rain, and I mean pour, it was sideways rain. It was pretty cool though, because I haven´t seen any rain for a long time. So we got our ponchos on and put our rain covers on, and started walking. And we walked, and we walked. It was a really long day. We saw some one that we were hiking with, call a cab and take it to the next town! We were all mad at him. CHEATER!!!!!! So now were are here going to eat dinner, with cesar and kate, HAMBURGER!!!!!! Yummy, it is double patty, with cheese, eggs, and all the other stuff on a burger, fries, and a side salad, all for 6€. Well anyways, I am reall hungry, and I want to eat. Thanks for commenting all, and dad´s leg is fine. 3 DAYS LEFT!. Bye Bye
-Jakob

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey u2,yes u got to use your $$$$$$raingear!!!!Good. I watched a bear by the trailer this morn, yep some wild life, other than 2 pesky squirrels keeping Roo entertained all day, dem critters hop from tree to tree, Roo went nuts. Of course no camera, oh well. Hey Jakob as we were talking on the phone a few moments ago, there you are,,,,,GONE! What happened not enuf minutes left? Oh well. Sunny today, good for varnishing, and then mowing. So you taught Ceasar: I am cow hear me moo...... Next you can teach him while trekking up mountains: I pulled my groin!!!!!!haha.
only 76clicks left, sweet man. Hey 2 sunflowers are open, red one and yellow one, looks neat. Well u2 happy pilgriming tomorrow, have fun, take care and God bless. Love u2 around the sunflowers!!!!!
trish
ps song for the day: I walk the line.

Jason said...

You can keep the rain! I don't care what Mom says...the plants can wilt...I want sun!!!and warm weather, so send it a week early k? Maybe it will arrive with the post card....
Sounds like a long 20+km hike in the rain. Does it seem longer when it is raining? The girls ask almost everyday if you are home, especially when we tell them that we're going to Smithers like on Saturday. Hope to watch some soccer. Any mountains left? Hope so 'cause I got a song too...'The bear(uncle/opa)went over the mountain to see what he could see.." Evangelene has been singing that one lots!
Take care, have fun and enjoy that huge burger! Love you.~Laura

Anonymous said...

hey 76 km left why dont you guys run and make it go a tad faster hey one more day till our last womens game, sucks they quit so early!!! oh well we got the turni on sat. well got to get my kids home for supper and we'll talk to you again!!!!!! have fun. stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys
So rain at last. Well at least you had a reason to carry your ponchos. Glad to hear the leg is holding out. Smithers weather has plenty of rain to offer too, sunny, cloudy, rainy, cool, the whole nine yards. I can just imagine how that hamburger tasted! Don't miss the Albergue in Arco de Pino. We did! Have a good walk!
Thea

Anonymous said...

Jakob & Klaas
Still reading your blog every day & when you miss a day I re-read it.
Today Thea showed me the wide map of the trail that she bought...my, what an adventure...many memories and stories to tell.
You deserve a hamburger...bravely walking in the rain.
stay dry,
gloria