Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 12- Belorado-Ages-532.2km left

Interesting
I will start with last night dinner. We were treated with Fish soup, Fried Chicken, and Caramel Custard. Well, I absolutely hated the soup, and I didn´t mind the chicken, and I dispise Custard. But all in all, it was good.
Today we started out by 6:10. Really hot night. I know, I complain about hot and cold offten. Today was supposed to be alot of climbing, but it really didn´t seem like it. We got to walk through a little forest. Dad said it reminded him of his home town, pretty cool. I walked with the Polish/English couple, we call them Pinglish, but their names are Ceaser and Kate. It was cool, talked about life, and what they were going to do after they were done the hike, and stuff like that. Dads shin was feeling a little bit better today, but it still hurt. I felt really good today, no sore muscles at all. We have done like 260km already. Not quite half way, but close enough.
Tomorrow is going to be a glorious day, taking a break, and sleeping in and all that good stuff. I am excited.
I am really enjoying myself so far. I have got a lot of beautiful pictures. Ceaser has the camera that I want, kinda like Jason´s(the brother in law jason)
I have decided that my next investment is going to be a road bike and when I done school I am going to go to either europe or australia and bike.
My dad just told me to mention the beautiful sceanery today, which there was. And....Betty is walking up town in her long underwear, NASTY!!, hehe. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, and it was nice and cool today. Well, that is all I really have to type. We are staying in a really nice alberquerque today. And yeah, thats it.
Again, I thank all for the comments.
Walking one step at a time
-Jakob

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jakob,
Another interesting day for you...seemed to be reflective...talking about life with new friends...God's awesome creation. Yes, this is becoming a spiritual pilgrimage.
Now you have the 'travel bug' and your mama knows it :-)
Enjoy your last day with Thea & Betty.
stay cool, gloria






The km keeps going down...step by step

Anonymous said...

hey sonny, glad to hear that u have no aches and pains, must be from ALL that cokalala that u pour down ur gullet, at least u have company all the time: listening to ur innards slooshing and slaushing every step by step!! Hey I already planned ur homecoming meal, squaw fish sloup and lime custard, hopefully it will be on sale that week:) and I'll have a look around the farms in this area for a tough old no more laying hen, and have beerbutt kip. Can't wait, probably be the best meal I ate in 7 weeks. So how wuz the day off? Meet any other ineresting people? Do loads of shoppings? Well buddy ole pal, enjoy your day and your steps. Love you around our henless barn. mom