Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Klaas is Tired after a fast hike, July 22

Just want to say that we are both dog tired. I even had a nap this afternoon, and am ready for bed even though it is only 8:37. Must say that Jakob comes up with good dinner ideas. Tonight it was chicken quesedillas (?) complete with garlic and red peppers and onions. Oh and a bottle of delcious white wine. Why can´t they get it like that in Canada? Any way, I think we´re tired because of the fast pace we had today, Wewere both eager to do some climbing and once Jakob starts going up there is no stopping him, and I do my best to keep up. Met two people from Holland yesterday and I told the girl , who is 11 , that she would be a part of our story, so here it is, Madelief (mah de leef) Dutch for Daisy started inb Leon, and was excited about this hike, But when we woke up this morning they wer nowhere to be found.I think they moved to anothr room since we had some snorers, not me of course. Tonight Jakoba and I are sleeping with two women from Hungary :) And then there is tomorrwo, another day. Supposedly it willgo up to 33 degrees, so lots of water will be needed. Now it is way past my bedtime, so good night.
"On a hill far away, stood an old rugged¨cross" (we´ll see the cross tomorrow, except it´s made of iron.
Klaas

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jakob and Klaas,
Well I never thought you guys would get this far. COOL! I just work up a sweat running for the bus that I have to catch for work! I hope you're getting lots of great pictures. I don't read anything about blisters yet, or did I miss something. Any how, I envy you guys. Keep on trucking, or hiking, or tracking or well anyhow you get the picture! God Bless. From Doris

Anonymous said...

hey u2. read da blog this morn, with coffee, unlike Gloria, she has oatmeal, yep my coffee goes down good also. . Hi Gloria. Aywho, well I'm glad to read that u both are happy pilgrims, and still meeting people. I just finished supper, and hopefully will sleep good tonight, like Truus, I have a toothache and really need a good sleep. But hey u2, all these women in the same room? Any AMerican little old ladies packing plastic bags lately? And Jakob oh where is dat ear plug? And Klaas I am happy that ur leg is not bothering u. I shall send an email tomorrow. Yes we had a good day in Houston. Garrett by the way caught a 32 or 33 pound spring last night. Dee is tired but fine, Skook is a 1st class brat, and the rest of the family is fine. De groeten van Opa and Oma Vroom and Tineke, ik was daar geweest vandag voor een kop thee, gezellig. Klaas ik hou van jou and Jakob ook, in a different way. See you in a while and talk to u later
trish

Anonymous said...

ps. I heard :::: I will walk 500 miles and I will walk 500 more, to be the man that walks a 1000 miles and falls down at ur door..... etc. sorry but that song is so appropriate right about now. And another song: If u but let the Father guide you.......
have an awesome Father filled day.
love u2 around the fire pit.
trish aka me.
ps. hi Doris
pps. hi 2 Theas

Anonymous said...

No computer near by I quess so we will wait till tomorrow. Mind you it s my birthday tomorrow so sing a happy song for me overthere.
We are leaving saturday on holiday and yes the weather is getting better its getting hot overhere about 30 C.

keep walking and writing

eilko

Anonymous said...

Hi Jakob and Klaas -

Thea/Mrs. Ewald is my grandma and although I only discovered this blog a few days ago (through my mom), I've really enjoyed catching up on the end of your trip. Thanks for sharing your stories and for "taking care" of my grandma! :)

-Dena Nicolai

Anonymous said...

hey u2, no blog today. like what is going on???????????????? prob no internet eh? So I had a good sleep, woke up and read whatever this morn at 7:30. Sun wuz so cool, and the frost wuz still on the roof and the grass. Yes the last 2 nights it froze out here. Anywho, keep on walking, keep on walking, and don't try to find Shrek anymore, and what about that dutch mom and daughter? Yep u2 snored toooo loud and they flippin hitailed it outta there, ran the next 28 clicks just to get away from u2. so have a good God filled day tomorrow, I shall call Eilko a sec to sayhapbirth. Well u2 love u round the newly varnished {yet again} table.
trish

Anonymous said...

Hey Eilko Van Harte GEfeliciteerd. Ik heb net in lunchtijd geprobeert te bellen, maar er was niemand thuis. Ik zal het een van deze dagen weer proberen, zal even op de baas zijn telefoon moeten, want zaterdag ga je op vakantie. Groetjes Truus

Oh Klaas en Jakob, jullie zijn er ook nog. Wat moet dat mooi zijn al die spaanse bergdorpjes. Kan me er wel wat bij voorstellen. Neem nog maar een lekkere fles wijn. En probeer een wijn exportverdrag met Spanje af te sluiten voor Smithers. Rob is examinator en drywaller. Mark gaat full time voor Garrett werken en het is prachtig weer. Elke middag na het werk gaan we een tijdeje naar the beach. Groetjes again Truus.