Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 13- Ages- Burgos- 505km left

Break Time
Today we didn´t leave until around 20 to 7 because we had breakfast in a bar, and I went on the internet for 6 mins and talked to friends for a few mins. After breakfast we started to make our way to Burgos. Around 3 km later, Cesear and Kate joined us. I talked to them for most of the trip. We talked about different religions. They are Catholic, so we talked about the differences between catholic and protestant. It was really interesting actually. We stopped another time fora croissant and coke and coffee. After that we walked all the way to burgos. I had a bleeding nose halfway there so we stopped until it stopped. Dads ankle is really swollen, but it isn´t sore, it is his shin that is sore. We are going to look for a pharmacy tomorrow and see if we can find something for his shin. We visited the Burgos Cathedral. IT IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!! it is so big I had to be like 100 meters away to beable to take a picture of it. But dad and I are going to get the tour tomorrow. Today there were a few wedding going on, and also a painting exhibition. After each wedding they would light off fire crackers, and I have to say, in that big square by the cathedral, it is loud! Like really loud. The detail and stuff that is in every little piece of that church is amazing, so cool. After looking at that for a while, dad and I walked back to the hotel room, yes a hotel, we are staying in a one star hotel tonight and then tomorrow night we are going to the albequerque. I have to say it is nice to beable to sleep on a nice bed and use a real towel and have you own shower and all that good stuff. We started watching the Tour de France but then I fell asleep until now, and now we are in the internet cafe. Well, I guess dad will write some now.

we had a late start becasuse of th ebreakfast in Ages. What AJkob did not say was that the lady was super friendly, something we don´t see all the time. She even taught me how to say croissants in Spanish. The hike itself was disappointing, except for the first ten km or so. After that it wasmostly through industrial territory, untile we finally got to the real city. Like Jakob said, beautiful. I have never seen a cathedral like that.There must be at least 6 different chapels in the cathedral alone, some which could house the Smithers Canref. Church. I have seen three organs so far, and too much sculpture to write about. Jakob is oding a good job taking pictures, though it is not the same as being there. Burgos is a very lively city, though things are settling down now. Most stores close for teh Saturdya afternoon. Hopefully we will be able to find a pharmacy tomorrow, my leg is kinda swollen and hurts sinificantly. we´ll see what they say. Forutnately only a few km´s tomorrw, like about 3 and than we´ll just rest for another day. After that it is off to the Meseta, where it is always supposed to be very hot and very flat. But that is a story for another day.

".. and step by step you´ll lead me, and I will follow you all of my days."

Well, we will talk to all of you tomorrow, I might not post tomorrow, I will see, I might just tell you all about our wanderings in the city, and looking at the cathedral and stuff like that. Make sure you leave a comment, hehe.
"We will break Dividing walls"
Oh and about that mom, the day before you left that comment, I was singing that song, like all day. Interesting.
Bye bye

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hello all!
Sux that only part of the hike3 was a good one. Cool about the nice lady at breakfast though! Mom dropped the tables off yesterday...boy did she ever do a good job. They look awesome! Chandler is home now, I showed him some pics of you on the comp...OPA!!! he yelled! (sorry Jakob, he just got excited when he saw your pic, no yelling!) I love reading your blog, first thing I do in the morning...which are cold by the way!! I am really looking forwrd to seeing all the pictures, and now of this cathedral too! Dad, take care of that leg...you only got two and I don't think they sell spares along the way! Have a great break day, enjoy the beds, towels and showers. Love you lots and miss you some too! have a good one!~Laura

Anonymous said...

hey u 2, yep the loons are still loonie, the crows still caw, and the #$@%^%$ dogs next door still bark on this side of the world. I am sitting outside typing and watching a deer just a lying there by the barn a chewing away, he wasn't even scared of the ride on. I got my vedderkykers out too. So an easy day. Hope u found a doc for ur leg Klaas, that would so suck if u can't walk, take a fews days off and take the bus! Hey I check the mail faithfully once a week, no letter yet. The moose is back also, havn't seen the bear again tho. Busy day weeding, mowing, and whacking. Next I'm ginna build a table, got the plan upside my head, should work. Kinda boring without u 2, but hey so goes this summer. Apple trees are chuck full, I got an idea, we can chuck them in the fall, pretend they are tomatoes and we are all in Spain, but we gotta use someone's elses yard:) We are fine as alligator fur, have a wonderful Sabbath. love u 2 around the freshly cut, whacked lawn.
trish

Anonymous said...

oops, hi Thea, have a good Sunday trish

Anonymous said...

hey broer en neefje

Goed te lezen dat jullie een rustige dag hebben vandaag el Klaas ga even naar een dokter (sprak ik vaderlijk)

Hey Trish how many borrelnootjes shall I buy for you and what else you have on you shopping list beside the theedoekn and while you love to gardening please come over here in zuidhorn and help me

eilko