Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 7- Sunday

Well last night we had a thunder and lightning storm, or so mrs. ewald and betty say, I slept right through it. I sleep pretty good, my sleeping bag almost fell off my bed again, but thats ok.
We had to wake up at 5:30 because breakfast was at 6. It consisted of some dry crunch wrapped up bread things with jam, and cola coa for me, and coke. After Break fast we started to hike. Ever since about the third day I have become pretty good friends with this couple from poland, they live in toronto now. I talked to them for a bit while starting off the hike. After that, dad and I set a good pace and started hiking. It was pretty much flat today, only one climb. We were expecting a really hot day but to was a perfect day. Today we were all looking forward to getting a a fountain that gave both wine and water. We got there and guess what.... THE WINE WAS DRY!!!! Like talk about a rip off, betty was pretty depressed, took her a while to get back into the grove. After our second break, this group of Aussies met us on the trail. Dad went ahead and I talked to them for 40 minutes. Talk about alot of things, which I will spare you the details of. One of the group had to stop for a second so the others waited and I just kept on walking, I caught up to the other finally at our lunch break place. It was a little patch of grass with a few trees; we had been hiking in bare groud all day, farms and such. We looked in our book to see how far it was till our destination, Las Arcos, it was supposedly 5 km on the map, but it only turned out to be 3 or so. After searching around the town for a hostel, I call them Albequerques, we found one run by a belgian couple. Since we are a group of four we got treated to a private room with only 4 beds. Dad said "at least we won´t have to worry about snoring tonight" and I said "you should have heard youself last night" He didn´t say anything else after that.
I was immensely tired, so once we got settled in, I hit my pillow and was out like a light. I slept for 3 hours!!!! can you believe that, but I feel much better now.
Tonight we do not have to make supper, it is the ladies turn, we are going to have some kind of rice with veggies, it will not be near as good as our last night. At around 7 we are going to go to church again for a pilgims blessing. Supposed to be a beautiful church, the pictures we saw are just awesome.
Well that is all I can write today because I am almost out of time. We are really enjoying ourself, big hike ahead of us tomorrow 27.8 km. Thank you all for the comments and keep on spreading the news about this blog to others, thank you.
-Jakob

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jakob
Well for one I would like to know what you where talking about with the Aussies.Should be interesting.
And what i would like to know if you are behind 40 minutes are you walking that fast or are the others a bit slow.eefje just told us that oom klaas indeed is snorring like a cat she heard it while you where sleeping here but since you where sleeping close to her room My quess is that you are the one snorring.
Again make a lot off pictures from old churches and organs i would love to see them. You have not figures out how to put them at your blok??

Eilko

Anonymous said...

Hi Jakob abd Klaas, hope your're having a good time over there. We are getting along here, not bad without you, except we missed Klaas at church today playing the organ. Well Ijust want to say hi, tell Klaas to make sure Jakob does NOT go chase any of those pretty girls over there, and give Nadia a wink for me. Lots of love Garrett

Anonymous said...

well it sounds like you guys are having a great time and by the stories i have been hearing jakob won't be coming back, he will be long married to a beautiful girl from spain; with a name something like.........Nadia??! jakob remember i have to aprove and she has to be tougher then me !!jj!!
well i wish you guys a long and happy and safe walk! hahaha, and cant wait to hear all the stories in person. (you know, the ones you cant really post. jj) well eat lots and sleep lots and walk lots talk to you later love you guys
Stephanie
ps. lauras baby is sooooo beautiful and so little!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Klaas and Grandpa Jakob,

We are all sitting around the computer reading your blog. Your cousins say hi, Jakob, and are all amazed that you are in Spain and hiking through all the little towns.
Emily wants to tell you that we have a new dog. It is a shitzu and it is really cute. It is about 8 months old right now.
We also want to say hi to Uncle Trish if she reads this.
Talk to you later.

Dave, Rebecca, Julia and Emily Bos

Anonymous said...

Hey Klaas and Jakob, Just finished reading all your blogs...pretty amazing!!! What is the total amount of kms. that you plan to walk? Must be an awesome challenge and experience for you both. I thought of you guys as I took my nightly power walk. ttyl God bless!! Stay safe.

Anonymous said...

that last message was from dianespoelstra

Laura said...

Hey Guys! We love reading about the stuff that's happening to you! You sound like you're having fun! The organ would've sounded so cool. And the snoring...quit complaining...imagine Mom in the room with you...'nuff said! We're home now, Peyton being the only kid here makes for a quiet house. She's a cutie..and I'm not just saying that! :) I think J is posting some pics tonight so remember to check them out! The girls miss you (well so do we) and we look forward to the daily interludes that transport us to another place! Keep them coming! Love you the whole world and then some! ~Laura

Anonymous said...

We love to read your stories. I can imagine how it is to be there. We missed you today (on our 19th anniversary) with our grand supper with salmon, kebab, melted tuna buns en groente soep met ballen, en de nodige flesjes wijn, bier and whisky. How is the Spanish wine? Well I hope you walk a lot more kilometers. We'll think about you. Rob, Truus en de rest.

Anonymous said...

hey Klaas, kan je mij nog? or heeft jij een andere prima donna gevonden? hey Jakob! So I just read all the comments, pretty cool. This morn early I read ur piece, so how wuz that supper? Yes I want to know also, do you run to catch up cuz u flap so much or what? After a week of givin' er', you guys must be tired. Any blisters? sore backs, or knees? What about dem walking shoes, or in Jakob's case dem running shoes? Any holes? Well u can always trade that Aussie shoes Klaas... So you guys take turns cooking? Sweet. Yes we had a lekker supper tonight. Klaas we had Dong Oh and Wally this morn, what a treat! Anywho keep on truckin', take in the scenery, snap dem pics, tic that walking stick, pop dem blisters, find other wine Jakob,plug dem earplugs, massage dem feets. Love you guys round the blog. me
ps. hi uncle rebecca, uncle Julia, uncle Emily.