Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 22- Leon-Villadangos Del Paramo- 303km left

Not much of a rest dad!
Dad and I both decided that we may as well just got hike a few kilometers, like 10 or so, but today we ended up hiking a whole 23 km. Needless to say I am happy about that, because that means we are closer to the Destination. We didn´t leave till around 9:30, but by the time we got our bearings straight and knew where we were going, it was probably 10:15am.
But before I tell you about our travelling, I shall tell you about Leon. Leon Cathedral is definetly not as nice as the Burgos Cathedral, but the stain glass windows in there are amazing, hard to get pictures of them to show the amazingness of them.Oh, and we bought a Post Card for Steph. Laura if you give me your address I will send you one too. and I need Danielle´s. Sorry other folks, Imediate family members only!! hehe.
For Supper or Dinner, dad and I went to a subway like place, but instead of subs it served Kabab Hamburgers, or Chicken and mushroom and Bree Cheese and a Bagette. We met these people from the States and they said the exact same thing we did. "Kinda like a subway"
So after Supper dad and I went for Icecream, Dad had Strawberry Cheese cake and I had Three Chocolates. Bery Bery good. (When the spanish talk english the can´t say the V, they say it as B, so it is Bery) Dad wanted a beer so we went to a bar and bought a beer and a coke, it cost 4,60€!!!!!!!! Dad also wants me to tell you guys that he ate a whole plate of olives with beer, so he is pretty proud of himself. there were alot of Street Performers, 2 Accordian players and a Puttetier.Dad and I decided to give laura a call to say congratulations for the Baptism and the birth of Peyton(hope I spelt it right), laura you sounded very surprised to see us, and Jason had no idea who I was, come on Jason! just kiddin. Yes Laura I got a picture of the Square where we were talking to you. Again another boring day, just hiked along the road, and saw many big trucks go by, and got honked at by a few people, but other than that, not much to see. We got here at around 3:00. Dad and I were just walking along and I saw this beautiful building, and I mean really nice. Chairs in the front of the building in the shade of some really nice trees on Green grass, just very nice. I said to dad "could you imagine if that was our Albequerque" and dad said "doesn´t it say Alberquerque Municipal on the front?" and it did, so we are now in this beautiful place with free internet, and wonderful single beds and good cooking facilities and good bathrooms and just everything is nice.
Well, I don´t know how many days left of hiking it is, but who cares, it will end when it wants to, well I guess when we finish the hike it will end.
A random thought, I just have to say that European coke is way better than North American coke. Just had to say that. Sorry for the randomness there.
Well, that is all I am going to write because I have nothing else to write about. Oh tomorrow is another flat day but then we get mountain, wooh hoo, and if tomorrow is boring, I will name al the different countries that people are from that we have met on the trail and tell you something about them.
Bye bye.
"I lift my eyes up, to the mountains....." which I cannot see yet but am looking forward to seeing them.!!
Bye
-Jakob

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys
You are definitely making good time. Less than half left. I feel about the Santiago Cathedral as you do about Leon- not as impressive as Burgos. Watch out for the Albugue in Arca do Pino if you plan to stay there. It is easily passed by. We did and had to walk another 8 km. Happy about that the next morning but oh my feet. Betty and I are well. Going to Finisterre by bus tomorrow. Keep your eyes lifted to the mountain from which comes your help!
Thea & Betty

Jason said...

I WAS surprised to hear from you!!! It made my day!!(I didn't see you though! :P) Looking forward to checking the mail!Love you..."the bear went over the mountain, to see what he could see!"~Laura
ps. we posted baptism pics on J's blog....

po box 1131
Houston BC
V0J 1Z0

Anonymous said...

hey u2, Jenny Hartman and I am enjoying a piece of peach passion lemon torte, Jenny made, and yes we will have a bite for u2.
trish