Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 23-Villadegos Del Paramo- Astorga 272kmleft

Well, last night was very nice. for supper we had pisgetti(Sphagetti) again, very good. We met this dutch lady and her daughter yesterday, her daughter is the youngest girl we have seen on the trail, 11 years old. We talked to them for a while, and got to know how much they were doing and such. When we told them that we left at 9:30 and we got the albequerque at 2:00, hike 28km, they said "wow, you walk sniel!" We also met this Korean guy who ate the left over food that we had, or couldn´t finish. He had gone to many places, like rome and such, and now he is doing the hike.
The Albequerque was amazing I must say.
Today we woke up at 6:00, and were out the door by 6:15, had couissantes and hotchocolate for breaky. Todays hike was only 25km, but still not bad. The first part of the hike was really boring because it was right beside the road and lots of traffic. After our break for our second breakfast, same thing, we finally got to the nice part of the hike.
MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!!! We did our first hike today, well our first little incline today. It felt so good to use the leg muscles again, finally they had something to do. The views were finally really good and not boring, flat stuff, but hills all over and many mountains around.
Tomorrow is a big incline to start, it is going to be a 28km hike, so pretty long, but like I always say to dad, childs play.
Well, our number of countries met is up to 17 now, we just met a brazilian lady. and no I am not going to name them all. I will another time when dad is not sleeping so he can help me remember them all.
Well, that is all that I can type today because I don´t know what else to say, other than WE NEED MOST COMMENTS PLEASE!!!! hehe, but don´t feel preasured. Well byebye
"WOOO HOOO, MOUNTAINS!!!!!"
-Jakob

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jakob,
It's so nice to read your 'news' while eating my oatmeal every morning...makes it go down easier :-)
So, your 'flat' days are over right now...how do your mts compare with Smithers mts. The snow is gone except for the deep pockets that I can see from my window. It's a gorgeous a.m. and amazing that your sun is also my sun.
17 countries! Will be interesting to read your list sometime.
Well, there is a pesky bear in my neighborhood...haven't seen him...my dog has sensed him...have heard of his naughty antics and there may be a live trap set out for him. Bye, bye bear.
Here's my song for today: it's an old hymn..."There is sunshine in my soul today, More glorious and bright Than glows in any earthly sky, For Jesus is my light."
stay cool,
gloria :-)

Jason said...

The sun is shining!! and there is blue sky! Happy Birthday Felicity! 4 today!Up up up you go, when you'll stop nobody knows! Have a great climb! And enjoy the veiw. ~Laura
ps. the song of the day for us..."happy birthday to you dear Felicity, happy birthday to you!"
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Felicity! We will not be there today, some people have to work, although I might take the afternoon off, because of this beautiful day.
He jongens, keep on walking and climbing and finally enjoy some mountains again. Rob, Mark and Rick will join the Vernon team in the soccer tournament. Truus

Anonymous said...

You guys are amazing. Good thing I´m not with you. Anything after 20 km and I start to rebel. Yes I can imagine that going up a few hills feels good again. You will have lots of that after Villafranca. Betty and I had our trip to Finisterre. Won´t give any details, but worthwhile. We leave tomorrow morning from our motel at 5 AM. Oh those early mornings. Keep up the courage. What´s 272 km to seasoned hikers like you!!

Thea