Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 17-Castrojeriz- Fromista-443km left

Well, I have to say, that was the worst sleep I have ever had. Last night we stayed in a albequerque that was fly infested. Well, there was jut alot of flies. While on the computer or reading a book, you could barely stand still because there was so many flies. As I went to bed, I had to dance while brushing my teeth. while in bed, I just could not get comfy, and the flies were annoying. I finally got smart enough and put my long sleeve shirt on, though it was hot, it stoped the flies from getting to me.
So today, we didn´t start hiking till around 6:34 because I was slow to get up and such. our first part of the hike ws a very large up hill. It was the first climb in a long time, felt really good, I could have run up it. Once on top we had the most beautiful view ever. Lots of windmill and lots of farming land. So the day was really flat, like really flat, but still really nice. It our guide book, it says that people say this is a really boring part of the trip, but I find it really nice, and easy. At around 10:30 it started getting hot, around 32 degrees, too hot while hiking, but we were almost there. So we finished hiking the 26km hike for the day and crossed one of the many water gates for a canal. The canal has 40 gates, pretty big canal too. We got to the Albequerque, and the guy told us where our beds were. My turn for the bottom bunk. I right away took a shower. After that, I went to a bar and watch the tour de france and drank a beeeeeeee..... coke. Then I went back to the Albequerque and dad and I played some Crazy eights. I WON!!!!!!! hehehe, the score is 5-2 for dad. Not good.
Out for dinner tonight. Fiona felt bad for not being able to cook for us tonight, so she said she would buy us dinner. Dad and I both had a serving of Macaroni and Fiona had a large salad, that was one large salad, could have fed a whole family. Second course, dad and I had fried eggs and french fries and bacon, and Fiona had Sausages and French Fries. After finishing the bottle of wine and most of the bread, the waiter dude brought us a cold cake, hmmmmm very good. So now dad and I are here in a bar updating my blog. I hope all of you are not mad at me for not updating my blog earlier, but guess what.... LIVE WITH IT!!! I AM ON VAKANTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom, you shopping list better not be tooooo long, because I still have to fit my stuff in the suit case.
Well, that is all for today. Dad and I have to go for a foot rub.. hehehehe.
bye
Hup Holland

2 comments:

Laura said...

Lol, Jakob, I love reading your stuff, no matter how late you post! Awesome that you're enjoying the boring part of the hike so much...just think what the not so boring parts will bring! And for filling up your suitcase...remember that you have 6 nieces and 2 nephews (and 1 unknown!) and 3 sisters and 3 brother-in-laws to buy for, never forgeting mom's list as well....so yah, like Eilko says, you need to take a bigger suitcase! Have a great day. ....'the ants go marching two by two hurrah, hurrah....'!
~Laura
PS. We posted more pics on J's blog. Check it out...and remember, we like comments as much as you do! Thea knows that and already left one! (Thanks Thea!) Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Jakob and Klaas,

I am enjoying reading your posts and your great insides of the hike. I just finished a very good book about the Camino, written by a German Comedian... Now reading your stuff wants me do the hike as well...
Go, neighbours, go :-)

Good bless.

Joern (Kevin's dad)